Saturday, July 5, 2014

Euro Truck Simulator 2: Misadventures Part 1

It almost looks like a dream.  A dream that is a lie.
image: Gamefly

So I finally broke down and bought Euro Truck Simulator 2.  I've been eyeing the game since it was released.  Today I finally said "screw it" and took the plunge. Let me first say that I'm loving the game.  It has this really weird appeal that I can't exactly explain. I've not gotten very far in it yet, but I absolutely foresee myself continuing with it.  Building my own delivery truck fleet has never looked so appealing. Secondly let me say that I am (unsurprisingly) REALLY REALLY bad at it.  Okay, maybe I exaggerate.  I'm not terrible. I've even had a single delivery job that had no accidents and only a tiny bit of truck damage. Using Euro Truck as an example though, would I hire myself for a truck fleet?  Not a chance in hell.

For your enjoyment, here is a tiny glimpse of my misadventures in truck delivery:

The first clue that this might not be my calling in my life.  I didn't listen.
Whoopsy Daisy! No seriously.  I feel awful.
Somehow this has all gone so wrong.
I crashed in no fewer than five cars getting out of this mess.
In my defense the other drivers were idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment