Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Search for Fuel 4


My hunt for the perfect gaming tea continues. A month ago I reordered a larger package of Rum/Plum/Lycii Berries Tea and it is now a staple in my kitchen, but we all like variety, right?  This time around I went with a chocolate theme.  Below is my assessment of these flavors.

Orange/Chocolate with Rooibos Base - This is a very mildly flavored tea.  Despite its extra emphasis on the orange, it still does not taste extremely orangy.  I can tell that it is orange chocolate, but that is about it.  The tea is very smooth, and actually tastes a bit like orange/chocolate cream if that is even possible.  It is a pleasant enough tea, and I'll enjoy drinking this flavor but I probably would not order it again.  This could, of course, be an issue with the tea base I chose as well.  The Orange/Chocolate tea would probably have a bit more oomph to it if I had ordered it with a black tea base instead of red tea.
          Current Verdict -  Pretty Good.  Do not re-order.

Cranberry/Chocolate with Rooibos Base - This is an excellent tea.  The first time I ordered it, I said that it was a bit too dark flavored for me.  The flavor has since grown on me, however, and has since become another favorite.  It tastes equally delicious with or without cream, and with Design a Tea emphasizing its cranberry flavor per request, the chocolate flavor is prevented from becoming too overpowering or bitter.  This time around I accidentally purchased tea bags instead of looseleaf.  Since all the tea is mixed at the time of purchase, however, the only real difference is the amount of actual tea I received.  Next time I'll just have to triple check to make sure that doesn't happen again.
          Current Verdict -  Staple.  Re-order before it runs out.

Chocolate/Hazelnut with Oolong Base - I'm going to preface this by saying that I really don't drink a lot of oolong tea.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I drank it at all.  The decision to use it as the base for this tea was a snap judgment based on little foreknowledge of how the flavors might mix together.  That said, I really quite like this tea.  The flavor is a bit ... different then I had anticipated, but it is by no means unpleasant.  Only time will tell what my overall opinion of it will be, but right now the verdict is "tasty, but won't be re-ordering."  The tea is delicious, but it's just not necessarily what I was looking for.  Maybe it would taste better with a regular black base?  I'll get back to you on that.
          Current Verdict -  Good.  Possibly re-order with black base.

No comments:

Post a Comment