Thursday, January 13, 2011

Let's Visit - falling awkwardly's "Metaphysics of Morrowind"

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind is without a doubt my favorite video game ever. I could talk about this beloved game until the cows come home, which one day I might actually do, but today I want to highlight falling awkwardly's four part series on the Metaphysics of Morrowind. Very informative and very analytical, anyone with an interest in the Elder Scrolls series or Morrowind should check it out. This series is a perfect example of how thought provoking and involved RPGs can be when people take the time to understand the lore behind the game. Below is Kateri's statement of intent and links to the series' four parts.
Some time ago, I was asked by David Carlton if I was interested in assembling a Critical Compilation on The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Critical Distance. I liked the idea, but research appeared to confirm my initial suspicions that, despite its rampant popularity, reams of fanfiction and endless debates about the lore, there is relatively little critical writing on Morrowind that has survived the vicissitudes of the internet since its release in 2002. This made me sad, so I thought I’d better write some!
- Kateri, falling awkwardly

No comments:

Post a Comment