Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Sega Genesis


Growing up the only system I ever owned (and even then it belonged to one of my siblings) was the Sega Masters system. From diaper wearing basketball players to Hang On, there are a lot of fond memories attached to that console. To this day my family still makes fun of the umpire from Great Baseball who cried "Faaa!" every time someone hit a foul ball. My next door neighbor had the 1st gen Gameboy, NES, SNES and subsequent Nintendo systems, but something I never had a chance to play was the Sega Genesis. Maybe it's due to my recent acquisition of Greatest Hits: Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2. Perhaps it is due to a recent bout of retro nostalgia brought on by over indulgence in AVGN reruns. Whatever the case, I currently possess a burning desire to finally purchase the Genesis 1 and lock myself away for a caffeine fueled marathon. Practicality and grad school time restrictions dictate that this shall have to wait, but that doesn't mean that it won't happen. Consider it part of my non-existent bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment